Legends Sports Complex is a cut above the typical rec league. At Legends our focus is on helping your child gain an understanding for the game and develop skill sets to lay the foundation for years to come. Unlike other rec organizations, we hire & pay our coaching staff, they are not parent volunteers. Legends coaches are knowledgeable about the sports they train and each go through a rigorous training process.
Legends Beach Volleyball League
Beach volleyball is quickly gaining popularity across Texas and especially in the Houston area. Here, at Legends Sports Complex, we want to provide all athletes the opportunity to learn and play beach volleyball. We are now offering LBVL (Legends Beach Volleyball League), where athletes of all skill levels are provided an opportunity to grow their game.
Our goal is to offer the finest beach volleyball instruction, for all athletes. Sand Volleyball develops balance, coordination and an increased body awareness, that benefits all sports and activities. On average, 50 NCAA college programs have been adding sand volleyball since it was sanctioned in 2012. Due to the rapid growth of college programs, sand is surely making its way into our high school programs.
Legends Sports Complex has 3 premier sand courts. Our courts are well lit, giving us the flexibility to practice any time day, or night. They are equipped with a built in drainage system enabling our program to function with minimal weather cancellations.
- Who: Boys & Girls, Ages 8-12 Years Old
- When: 6pm-8:30pm on Thursdays Starting August 3rd (6 Week Season)
- Member Pricing: $300
- Guest Pricing: $325
More About Head LBVL Coach Kate Morrell: Kate has been involved in the volleyball world on the club, school, university and professional level. She has been coaching club in the states and internationally for 5 years. Her experience playing and coaching indoor and beach collegiality, and internationally brought her to the next step of coaching and executive directing The Woodlands Force Volleyball club. Kate still plays indoor for the Premier Volleyball League and also trains and competes beach.
Kate recently returned from her fourth year of playing at the professional level. Her most recent job was with the Balipure Water Defenders of the Philippines who competed in the 2016 Shakeys V-league. Morrell was the highest point scorer in the Shakeys V-League. She also competed for the Beach Volleyball Republic, a professional sand volleyball organization.
Legends Volleyball League
Legends Volleyball League is a volleyball program that’s designed to teach skill development, team organization, drills, & scrimmaging. Each player will be challenged to become a better overall player without travel or being committed to a set team. This academy is for beginners and seasoned players alike starting from kindergarten all the way to 11th grade!
Ages 9-18 Years Old:
- When: June 26th – July 26th
- Times: 6pm-8pm on Monday & Wednesdays (Skills, Drills & Scrimmages)
- Member Pricing: $195
- Guest Pricing: $230
- Notes: All participants receive an LVA shirt
Legends Volleyball Academy Select
Legends Volleyball Academy (LVA) Select is a more advanced level of volleyball skills and game situation training. Practices will be position specific training: Setters, Liberos/DS, Middle Blockers, & Hitters. Players will learn to analyze game like situations, make quick game time decisions and reactions.
Evaluations & Eligibility:
- Evaluations: Monday June 26th 6pm-8pm
- To Be Eligible for LVA Select, You Must Participate In the Evaluations AND One of the Following:
- Participated in 2 Seasons of Legends Volleyball Academy (LVA)
- Played at least 1 year of Club Volleyball
- Played at least 1 year for your school
- Have the ability to serve from the Service Line
- After evaluations, coaches will let you know if you are picked for LVA Select Training or more suited for our current LVA Season.
- Who: Boys and Girls Ages 12-18
- When: Mon. and Wed. 6pm – 8pm (June 26th – July 26th)
- Member Pricing: $195
- Guest Pricing: $230
- Notes: Participants are not guaranteed a spot in Select, they are guaranteed a spot in Legends LVA-Select. Some players may be asked to participate in LVA rather than LVA-Select.
Legends Sports Complex are joining forces with The Woodlands Force to bring Club Volleyball back to the complex! Tryouts are as follows:
- When: July 10
- Age: 11’s-14’s
- Time: 5:00 pm -7:30 pm
- Age: 15’s-18’s
- Cost: $25
- Where: Legends Indoor Courts
Private Volleyball Training
Specific skills training
- Position specific: middle blocker, outside hitter, setter, defensive specialist, or all-around utility-type player
- One-on-one training: one of the most important parts of volleyball is exposure to the game; increased reps will increase consistency and skill performance
- Next level training: Continue to build on a players skills and get them ready for competition at the next level
- We can offer sport specific weight training to increase quickness, explosiveness, and vertical
- Be able to maintain bursts of energy over a span of time and quicken recovery time (getting into volleyball shape)
- Individual or group lessons available
Contact Alison to schedule a private lesson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball Court Rentals
Call for more information on our Volleyball Court Rentals: (281) 298-5700
- $60/hr for short court
- $120/hr for main court
Sand Volleyball Court:
- $30/hr per court
I have been playing/coaching volleyball for over 10 years both indoor and outdoor. I graduated high school from St. Pius X where I was a letterman in volleyball and soccer. I have a Bachelors degree from Stephen F. Austin State University in Kinesiology with a minor in education. During my years at SFA, I was a volleyball official with TASO as well as a line judge for NCAA. I began coaching volleyball in 2008 for Unity Club in Lufkin, TX. I moved back to The Woodlands in 2010 and began teaching in Conroe Independent School District and coaching club volleyball for Xtreme. In 2014 I began coaching for Legends and became the volleyball director in 2015. Volleyball has always been a big part of my life and I look forward to sharing that passion with everyone.
Fun Fact: I won teacher of the year for the 2014-2015 school year and I love to scrapbook!
I am a Prairie A&M University graduate and obtain a Bachelors of Science in Health Education. During my college years I participate in multiple intramural sports such as volleyball and basketball. I was also a part of the track and field team and softball organization. I’ve coached competitively at the Junior High level for Conroe I.S.D. during that time I coached volleyball for 2 years and other sports for over 5 years on my campus. I’m currently a 5th and 6th math teacher at Wilkerson Intermediate. My goal when I interact with your children will be to instill in them the importance of the sport of volleyball and how to build relationships.
I discovered my passion for coaching volleyball and basketball in 2014 volunteering at a christian private school. I love motivating and training our youth into becoming great athletes. I believe it’s my job as a coach to instill commitment, discipline, and hard work that will impact greatly in life as well as sports. I graduated in ’01 at New Caney High School and was a letterman in volleyball, basketball, and track. I have a Bachelors Degree from Sam Houston State University in Art/Graphic Design.
My greatest accomplishments as an athlete are: qualifying for Regionals in high jump/100meter hurdles in track as a freshman; receiving an MVP award in basketball senior year in an invitational tournament as well as 1st team All-District and All-Montgomery, 2nd team All-District and All-Montgomery junior year; Honorable-Mention in volleyball senior year.
Fun Fact: I was fostered at two months and adopted at the age of 7. I have one daughter and I met my husband on his birthday, so I am his greatest birthday present ever!
Indoor Adult Volleyball League
- When: Drop–In Play Wednesday night’s 8pm-10pm
- Cost: $5 for guests
Outdoor Adult Volleyball League
- When: March – October
- Mondays 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Sundays 4pm-6pm $5 for guests